Sunday, December 25, 2011

To live again...

"This learning to live again...is killing me"
Garth Brooks, Learning to live.


To live again is like walking into a room where you are the only person you know.
As you work the room,
you begin to grow.
The relationship begins to climb,
to become rich with time.

Forget the girls,
forget the boys.
Be done with all the toys,
learning to be with yourself.
putting the popularity on the shelf.

To get to know me,
that is where I will be.
I want to learn who I am,
I want to be my best friend.
I want to count on me when the times get rough,
I want to be there when the times are great!

Little things make a big difference,
big things make little waves.
The ones chasing the big lights are actually the slaves.

To lift that bar,
to run so far.
To be the friend who is free,
that is who I want to be...with me.

Big changes are coming,
with every little step I take.

1 comment:

  1. great poem. I like the emphasis on being self reliant. ultimately, the only person who can change you or your life is you. People wallowing in their stuff lose sight of that. a hand up will only move you along if you take it and use it to pull yourself up.

    ReplyDelete