Sunday, August 21, 2011

Why I do what I do...

So it has come time for me to re-focus and check my azimuth. Why am I here?

I am getting and education so I can provide for myself and someday probably a family type thing. I want to become a professional something that does work for those in some sort of need. Whether it being someone who was unfairly treated or someone who just needs some sort of legal assistance. I want to use my knowledge and work ethic to help. I don't care for the big bucks, I don't really care about the social status either. Like I have stated before integrity is important to me. I feel that happiness to me isn't about belongings. It's about being able to look at yourself in the mirror at the end of the day without being disgusted. If you do things the right way sometimes you don't get a big pay off. However, somebody somewhere will notice it and they will remember you.

I am becoming an officer because I want to lead warriors. I am becoming an officer because I know that I can make a difference to somebody somewhere. I am training others to become officers because I owe it to those who have gone before and have inspired me to do the same. I know that it's not about me. I know that I come last for almost everything. I also know that when the time comes that I can't put my soldiers before me is when I need to go. I want to do this because it has given me so much and I need to pay it forward.

I am going to be true to Seth. I am going to "do me" for a while. That means I will do what I need to in order to feel right. I'm not out to ruin anybodies day or whatever. I'm just no longer accountable to anyone but myself. Yes I know I can still get in trouble but I won't. I will treat people the way they should be treated and move on. I have a purpose and I have the inspiration. I will come out on top and no one will stop me.

I have been through hell.
I have been through paradise.
I have seen things destroyed and all things nice.
I have lived and I have loved.
I have been to the top of the mountain and above.
I have flown through the air.
I have floated on the sea.
All of this belongs to me.
No one knows how it feels.
All of my wounds will heal.
The pain, the sadness, the guilt,
have all been covered by a quilt.
To be uncovered and displayed,
for those to see what I have paid.
I am stronger, I am wiser.
I will get up higher.
I will be on top...

No comments:

Post a Comment